The TIG Blog
SEO Ethics: White and Black Hat Tactics
When browsing the internet, users often go on popular search engines to answer their queries. These websites scour the web for the most appropriate resources that will deliver a superior user experience. Search engine optimization (SEO) is the calculated process of improving the quality of a website as a whole to attract valuable organic traffic. While all search engines use different criteria to determine which sites have optimal content, there are some basic ethics guidelines for SEO practices.?
White Hat SEO vs. Black Hat SEO
White Hat SEO
- Quality over quantity: Putting thought into what is included in your website can enrich your page and overall web presence.
- Accurate and current content: Search engines are getting better at weeding out content that will not resonate with audiences. Updating it as needed and ensuring that it is accurate makes your website an educational resource for users.?
- Site speed: A faster, more efficient website will appeal to web users and search engines that are looking for sites that perform well.?
Black Hat SEO
- Keyword stuffing: As soon as search engines notice that you are keyword stuffing instead of creating valuable content, the outcome will likely be lackluster.
- Spamming: Sending out spam in the form of comments or emails turns people away from your business rather than engaging them.
- Hidden text: Search engines are wise to this old trick of laying keywords and links into a background of the same color. Needless to say, do not try it.
The Bottom LineWhite hat SEO is recommended for long-term success and the development of online credibility. These methods are user-focused and encourage organic conversion rather than trying to fool the search engines for higher rankings. Google is one of the most refined and used search engines on the web, and it is continuously updating to appeal to web users based on white hat principles. Ultimately, businesses that utilize black hat tactics will suffer dire consequences later on, even if they initially notice some positive results. It is simply not worth losing traffic and your online reputation.?
Contact UsTo learn more about SEO and other elements to add to your marketing strategy, please contact TIG Advertising by filling out our online contact form or calling 909.551.4321.
RELATED BLOG POSTS
- Strike While the Leads Are Hot!
- Effective Email Strategies for 2020
- Embody Your Brand
- Blogging and Web Copy Strategies
- SEO Ethics: White and Black Hat Tactics
- The Importance of Email Marketing
- What Is a Cool Event?
- How Web Design Can Influence Your Customers
- 7 Ways to Increase your Customer Retention
- 4 UX Best Practices for Your Site
- Staying ahead of Marketing with Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- How Artificial Intelligence is Impacting Digital Marketing
- Why Local SEO